Saturday, August 20, 2011

Free Stuff?! Yes, Please!


I feel bad that I've started to neglect my beauty blog already!  Sorry, I've just been busy lately with work, and plus, I'm a single mom raising a 4-year-old!  I don't have all the time in the world to be on the computer.  However, with every chance I get, I will try to get on my blog and update!  I haven't been doing a lot of shopping lately, mainly because I'm trying to save.  Although, I don't really understand the purpose of saving because in the end, you're going to use that money for a bigger purchase than if you were to spend it along the way.  It makes sense to save if you're in the market for a house, but otherwise, what are people saving for?  The future?  I mean, I do set money aside for my daughter, but trust me, once she graduates from high school, that money will probably go towards a new car... and BOOM!  Years of saving all for one big purchase.  Anyway, all I'm saying is that, in the end, that money goes to a purchase.  So I don't understand why people get on my case about saving.  I save by being a smart shopper.  Granted, I hardly find anything in the sales section but I do put a limit on myself.  

Anyway, I want you guys to all check out this app I just discovered called Checkpoints!  When you sign up and register, make sure you put "sophyphan" in the bonus code section so that both you and I will receive bonus points.  This is just like foursquare.  If you're familiar with checking into places, you'll catch onto this quickly.  You get points with check-ins and by scanning certain products.  When you reach a certain number of points, you can redeem them for some awesome gifts and gift cards!  Ummm, I already have my eyes and heart set on the $500 Louis Vuitton gift card and the $50 Sephora & Victoria's Secret gift cards!  Agh, this is too much for my heart to handle!  Of course, it's not easy to get 154,500 points.  It requires a LOT of checking in and scanning items in the store.  But I'm always out and about, so I think I might as well work up towards something.  I have a feeling this app is going to be my new BFF!  Ok, go check it out!  I'm excited!  Happy shopping!  XOXO!

Btw, I'm pretty sure this app is not some kind of scam.  It has been featured on ABC, CNBC, NY Times, USA Today, and CNN!  Not that that gives it any credibility, but I'm all for trying it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment