Monday, August 15, 2011

My Holy Grail


I am absolutely IN LOVE with this Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer!  If I were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 makeup items, this would definitely be one of them!  I mean, it has a built-in sunscreen of SPF 20 and on top of it all, it's OIL-FREE!  For people with oily skin like me, this product is a dream come true! And although it comes in a tube, it really ensures that you get every last drop of product.  I'm in the color "caramel", but it looks like I need to go a shade darker for the summer to "tan". I have tested this bottle out in all kinds of extreme weather, from freezing cold to sweltering hot heat and it has withstood it all.  When it's cold and dry out, the moisturizer part of this product keeps your face hydrated and well-moisturized.  And when it's humid and hot, the oil-free ingredient keeps your face from melting and being shiny.  You pretty much get the best of both worlds.

This does last at least 6 months from everyday use.  I apply it with a small MAC 188 stippling brush and it just goes on smoothly and flawlessly.  I'm on my second tube now and I can't seem to switch to anything else.  It is a bit on the pricy side, $42, but I think it's totally worth it.  I even tried Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation and it doesn't compare.  This provides medium coverage but it feels lightweight on your face, whereas the silk creme foundation provides full coverage but you also feel how heavy it is.  I'm not a big fan of the foundation.  Anyway, I only have good things to say about this.  I wear it alone most of the time, and other times, I use a foundation primer, depending on how much time I have in the morning.  :)  So I hope you all would give this a try and tell me how you like it!  Get it at Sephora or Nordstrom! (I'd get it at Sephora so I could get reward points!)  Happy shopping! XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment